15 June 2021
Voting has begun in Environmental Finance's 2021 Annual Voluntary Carbon Markets Rankings.
Nominations are being sought to help identify the leading participants in the voluntary carbon markets, in the following categories:
- Best Trading Company
- Best Advisory Service/Consultancy
- Best Law Firm
- Best Verification Company
- Best Wholesaler
- Best Broker
- Best Project Developer – renewable energy
- Best Project Developer – energy efficiency
- Best Project Developer – forestry and land-use
- Best Project Developer – public health
- Best Project Developer – blue carbon
- Best Project Developer – overall
- Best Offset Retailer
- Best GHG Crediting Programme*
- Best Registry Provider
- Best Carbon Exchange
- Best Monitoring Report – refers to best-in-industry examples of project monitoring reports that record emissions reductions alongside additional or wide-ranging impacts and co-benefits for a region, project-area or local community, such as the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDG) impacts
- Best Market Innovation – refers to a product, tool, offering, development or solution that has benefited the evolution of the voluntary carbon market
- Best Individual Offsetting Project
- Best Corporate Offsetting Programme
- Best Initiative – refers to a collaborative or wide-reaching industry initiative (rather than a specific product or tool) that has made an impact in the voluntary carbon market
New categories this year include Best Project Developer – blue carbon, Best Carbon Exchange, Best Monitoring Report and Best Market Innovation
The results will be published in the Autumn edition of Environmental Finance, accompanied by in-depth analysis of the voluntary carbon markets.
Please click here to vote. Voting closes on Friday 23 July.
A list of last year's winners can be found here.