The winners of Environmental Finance's 2023 Voluntary Carbon Market Awards have been announced.
The annual awards seek to recognise and reward the work of voluntary carbon market specialists, as well as highlighting best practice and thought leadership in the carbon offsetting world.
The winners were selected via an online survey, in which companies were emailed and asked to nominate the leading service providers active in the voluntary carbon markets.
Voters were asked to make their judgements on the basis of: efficiency and speed of transaction; reliability; innovation; quality of service provided and influence on the market, not just the volume of transactions handled.
Around 4,300 responses were received.
Notable winners included:
- Numerco, winner of Best Trading Company, Best Wholesaler, and Best Broker;
- Ecosecurities, winner of Best Project Developer, Forestry and Land-Use, Best Project Developer, Blue Carbon, and Best Project Developer, Overall;
- The Voluntary Carbon Markets Integrity Initiative (VCMI) and The Integrity Council for the Voluntary Carbon Market (ICVCM) collaboration won Best Initiative;
- ACX (AirCarbon Exchange), winner of Best Carbon Exchange – the company's third win in this category;
- Two new categories were added this year, with Terrasos winning Best Crediting Innovation (non-carbon) for its work on biodiversity credits, and BioCarbon Partners winning Best Project Developer, Biodiversity; and
- BioCarbon Partners also won Best Monitoring Report for the third year in a row.
Environmental Finance spoke to the winners about the market's rapid growth over the last year, about the market's resilience, as well as rising trends they see developing in the future.
Read the feature-length article here.