The following are links to stories already covered by Environmental Finance:
- · PRI CEO Fiona Reynolds outlines some key announcements from PRI in Person
- · PKA to ramp up renewables to 10%
- · ING adopts science-based targets
- · HSBC: only one in 10 investors aware of TCFD
- · Investor Agenda attracts $32trn of signatories
Other important stories include:
- · CDPQ, Canada’s second largest pension fund, committed to increase its low-carbon investments by 50% by 2020, representing more than $6.2 billion in new investment, and pledged to reduce the carbon intensity of its portfolio by 25% by 2025.
- · APG, the Dutch pension fund manager, announced it would no longer be investing in any coal-related infrastructure.
- · New York City announced it would be doubling its investments in clean energy and climate solutions to $4 billion over the next three years.
- · The Green Bond Pledge announced founding signatories including the City of Mexico, Luxembourg Green Exchange and SFPUC who join the state treasurers of California, New Mexico and Rhode Island; some major cities including the City of San Francisco; Australian pension fund LGS and two financial firms —which together should spur the goal of seeing $1 trillion-worth of green bonds issued by end 2020.
- · A Global Green Bond Partnership backed by the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, Amundi and major climate finance and sustainability groups was launched with the aim of supporting and assisting sub-national and corporate green bond issuance.
- · 42 financial institutions representing over $13 trillion in assets announced a commitment to helping cities, states, and regions finance climate action including European Investment Bank, Work Bank, IFC and APG Active.
- · Nine of the world’s leading philanthropic foundations announced their intent to commit at least $459 million through 2022 to the protection, restoration and expansion of forests and lands worldwide and the recognition of indigenous peoples’ and traditional communities’ collective land rights and resource management. https://mysocialgoodnews.com/global-climate-action-summit-9-foundations-pledge-459m-to-forests-indigenous-rights-and-lands-to-combat-climate-change/
- · SouthPole, ixo Foundation, and Gold Standard to use new blockchain application at solar PV project in Thailand to monitor, report and verify greenhouse gases. https://www.southpole.com/news/south-pole-partners-with-ixo-on-blockchain