• Mirova's sustainable ocean fund achieves $132m close

    06 August 2020

    Sustainablilty focused asset manager Mirova, an affiliate of Natixis, has closed its Althelia Sustainable Ocean Fund (SOF) with $132 million, above the target amount of $100 million.

  • Low-energy buildings take most of KfW's 2019 green bond proceeds

    06 April 2020

    Energy efficient buildings took more than 79% of the allocated proceeds from the €8.1 billon ($8.8 billion) of green bonds issued by German development bank KfW in 2019. The remaining 21% went to renewable energy projects. Nine in ten of all the projects were based in Germany, with the rest in other OECD countries.

  • GPIF agrees to support KfW green bond programme

    25 March 2020

    Japan's Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF) has partnered with German development bank KfW to promote and develop the green bond market and to incorporate environmental, social and governance (ESG) assessments into other fixed income investments.

  • Carney: sovereigns benefit from green bond market 'success story'

    19 March 2020

    Former Bank of England (BoE) governor Mark Carney has described green bonds as a "success story", while lauding the benefits of sovereign issuers entering the market.

  • KfW's first green bond of 2020 sets it on the way to €8bn target

    08 January 2020

    KfW has sealed its first labelled transaction in a year that it expects could eventually see it issue green bonds worth a total of €8 billion ($8.9 billion).

  • Althelia Sustainable Ocean Fund raises additional $50m

    19 November 2019

    Sustainable investment specialist Mirova has reached a second close for its Althelia Sustainable Ocean Fund, raising an additional $50 million and taking the fund's total commitments to $92 million.

  • Bonds round-up: KfW, DKB, Orsted, RBS ... and more

    06 November 2019
  • Spain's ICO to join Clean Oceans Initiative

    22 October 2019

    Spanish development bank, Instituto de Credito Oficial, has commitment to join the Clean Oceans Initiative which aims to finance €2 billion ($2.2 billion) of projects targeting marine pollution, particularly plastic waste.

  • LeapFrog – targeting the emerging consumer

    21 October 2019

    How does the world's biggest private equity impact specialist invest? Joe Walsh reports

  • Bonds round-up: France, IFC, Enel, RCBC… and more

    11 September 2019

    France taps green OAT to raise €1.7bn